Women Take FOREVER to get Race Day Ready! (with emojis)
We've all been there, looking at the closet or in the drawers, staring, asking yourself "what should I wear to this race?" You have to take into account the weather, if your outfits matches, will you be comfortable, is it breathable? The whole nine yards.
But, what is it really? Why do you find yourself staring at the closet or drawers for hours on end? What does it come down to? How are you using your time in the mornings?
Here's the real deal...
1) Too many options, sneakers included. When you have too many to choose from, it just becomes harder to concentrate on what you feel like wearing. No one wants to throw on just anything, making sure you look good is all apart of race day preparation.
2) Where's the bag and what's in it? Looking for the clear plastic bag? Or maybe the expandable pouch. You money, keys and race day fuel are all things that need to be packed. But of course you can't find anything since the last time you ran, so, here comes the search and rescue mission.
3) Makeup anyone? Oh remember that time you said you weren't going to wear makeup because you were running and it didn't make sense? Well here you are throwing on that mascara, concealer, lip gloss and whatever else you wear all for those free race day photos.
4) Did you eat yet? Because there's that. Yes, FOOD! The one thing that can get a runner going is a nice slice of bread, with peanut butter and bananas, or oatmeal. Whichever, the food is a must and sometimes it can't be taken on the go.
5) How many times did you use the bathroom? The one time you woke up and went to the bathroom, that isn't enough and you know it. I'm sure you went to the bathroom two or three times after that. Especially if you had a heavy dinner. AKA pasta.
6) What's on TV? If you're like me, you need the TV to be on. Getting ready with nothing in the background is just disappointing. But with this, you're also watching, which means sitting on the couch and not getting ready so of course that delays you from getting ready.
7) Meeting up with friends? Have kids? I don't have kids but I know they are a handful and when you're trying to get them out the door, it's a hassle. However, I sometimes like to meet up with friends. Checking on them over the span on time you're supposed to be getting ready, making sure they've woken up, the meeting spot is still the same. Yes, yes and yes, those friends and constant messages and phone calls can also be the reason for your delay.
I'm sure there are A LOT more things I can think of that take us forever to get ready, but when it comes down to it, we're there, fabulous and ready to run while looking our best as if nothing ever happened in the morning.
Until next time,