My gym essentials
And happy last week of October.
Since I'm currently doing physical therapy (PT) of course I haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks. However I still walk with my gym bag and all its essentials, simply because when I get into the gym again I don't want to leave anything at home.
So what are my gym essentials and why do I travel with them?
1) Water - To keep hydrated.
2) Headphones - I have my own music I like to work out to; the gym music doesn't cut it for me.
3) Swim cap - For when I go swimming.
4) Goggles - I like to see where I'm going when I swim.
5) Wash cloth - I'm a person that sweats a lot, however I don't like to stay sweaty.
6) Undergarments - Going home in sweaty undergarments? Yuck, (I have a long commute.)
7) Wallet - Money, id, health insurance card.
8) Lock & Key - So I can store my belongings in the locker.
9) Phone charger - For those days where I have let me phone die and the only place to charge it is at the gym, (then I have to listen to crappy gym music.)
10) Arm band - While I'm running, I can track my progress, (Nike+ running app.)
11) Pen - You never know when you need to write something.
12) Lotion - I don't like to be ashy.
13) Hand Sanitizer - Because everything in the gym is so "clean."
14) Change of shirt - Again, because I don't like to go home sweaty.
15) Chap stick/lip balm - I don't like my lips to be chapped.
*I usually carry a plastic bag with me to put the sweaty clothes in but I ran out.
What do you take to the gym with you or what are your favorite items? I would love to hear about them!